House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-WI) will unveil his proposed Fiscal Year 2013 Budget Resolution this week, with a committee markup of the proposal scheduled for Wednesday. Last year Chairman Ryan’s controversial budget transformed Medicaid and the food stamp program into block grants and made steep cuts to discretionary spending. While details of this year’s proposal have not yet been publicly released, it is expected to again include cuts and changes to the Medicaid program as well as cuts to discretionary spending levels above and beyond those that were agreed upon when Congress passed the Budget Control Act last year. Once text of the resolution is released, we will put together a detailed analysis of its expected impact as well as a summary of Wednesday’s markup in the House Budget Committee.
Search the Monitor
Did You Know?Federal employees, did you know CWLA is part of the Combined Federal Campaign? Our CFC number is 11125. Please consider designating CWLA as your CFC charity, and help us spread the word!
A CFC contribution is just one of many ways to donate to CWLA. We appreciate your support to continue our work on behalf of children and families.
- Georgia GCSA pitches in for boys in foster care system bit.ly/VHoccq via @GCImagazine #FosterCare #GreatWork http://t.co/Qb1nNwgUIa 3 hours ago
- L.A. County supervisors frustrated over delay in hiring Child Protection czar bit.ly/YGAfII via @ladailynews http://t.co/AipHp3hdda 4 hours ago
- Need for foster, adoptive parents in Luzerne County overwhelming - Local family shares their experience... bit.ly/YIZM3W via @TLNews 4 hours ago
- Are the children well? Why the conversations sparked by Robin Williams’ suicide must address the… shar.es/1nUV6k via @ChildTrends 5 hours ago
- Be sure to watch the video from @wcpo: No deal: Butler County Children Services' workers strike starts Monday shar.es/1nFin0 5 hours ago
- Children’s Monitor: Social Impact Bonds, Hot New Experiment bit.ly/1wfG0fh #ChildWelfare #CWLA 6 hours ago