House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-WI) will unveil his proposed Fiscal Year 2013 Budget Resolution this week, with a committee markup of the proposal scheduled for Wednesday. Last year Chairman Ryan’s controversial budget transformed Medicaid and the food stamp program into block grants and made steep cuts to discretionary spending. While details of this year’s proposal have not yet been publicly released, it is expected to again include cuts and changes to the Medicaid program as well as cuts to discretionary spending levels above and beyond those that were agreed upon when Congress passed the Budget Control Act last year. Once text of the resolution is released, we will put together a detailed analysis of its expected impact as well as a summary of Wednesday’s markup in the House Budget Committee.
Search the Monitor
Did You Know?Federal employees, did you know CWLA is part of the Combined Federal Campaign? Our CFC number is 11125. Please consider designating CWLA as your CFC charity, and help us spread the word!
A CFC contribution is just one of many ways to donate to CWLA. We appreciate your support to continue our work on behalf of children and families.
- Child Poverty Drops for the first time since 2000 bit.ly/ZrzfJl via @ChildDefender #ChildPoverty 18 hours ago
- Protecting vulnerable children through government support for families unicef.org/protection/579… via @unicef #UNICEF 18 hours ago
- The Case for Differential Response from a Carver County Minn. Child... chronicleofsocialchange.org/opinion/the-ca… via @ChronicleSC http://t.co/x9ZeYSQAQF 19 hours ago
- Arizona completes work on child-welfare cases azc.cc/1pfbUjM via @azcentral #ChildWelfare http://t.co/ZteFD3B7nu 20 hours ago
- Families’ child welfare system experiences to be documented theindependent.com/news/local/fam… via @TheIndependent 21 hours ago
- Watch: Groups who tackle gang violence meet with child welfare advocates wp.me/p4ySte-eZg via @news4buffalo #ChildWelfare 22 hours ago