House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-WI) will unveil his proposed Fiscal Year 2013 Budget Resolution this week, with a committee markup of the proposal scheduled for Wednesday. Last year Chairman Ryan’s controversial budget transformed Medicaid and the food stamp program into block grants and made steep cuts to discretionary spending. While details of this year’s proposal have not yet been publicly released, it is expected to again include cuts and changes to the Medicaid program as well as cuts to discretionary spending levels above and beyond those that were agreed upon when Congress passed the Budget Control Act last year. Once text of the resolution is released, we will put together a detailed analysis of its expected impact as well as a summary of Wednesday’s markup in the House Budget Committee.
Search the Monitor
Did You Know?Federal employees, did you know CWLA is part of the Combined Federal Campaign? Our CFC number is 11125. Please consider designating CWLA as your CFC charity, and help us spread the word!
A CFC contribution is just one of many ways to donate to CWLA. We appreciate your support to continue our work on behalf of children and families.
- Check out the @coalitiononhn post about H.R. 4980: Negotiated Version of Foster Care Youth Bill Introduced ow.ly/ztaGE 7 hours ago
- Join us for the National Kinship Care Conference in New Orleans this September! Register and learn more here > bit.ly/Kinship2014 8 hours ago
- Learn about how this Governor forges partnerships to help unaccompanied minors: ow.ly/zs4Iu via @wbaltv11 9 hours ago
- Read @TheAtlantic: In a Year, Child Protective Services Checked Up On 3.2 Million Children ow.ly/zs9Qq http://t.co/xZJNeggpRE 10 hours ago
- Learn more about children social-emotional development in the @newamericaed article here: ow.ly/zqyLb #HeadStartCARES 11 hours ago
- Interesting article from the @guardian: Social work regulation: help or hindrance? ow.ly/zs35j 12 hours ago