House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-WI) will unveil his proposed Fiscal Year 2013 Budget Resolution this week, with a committee markup of the proposal scheduled for Wednesday. Last year Chairman Ryan’s controversial budget transformed Medicaid and the food stamp program into block grants and made steep cuts to discretionary spending. While details of this year’s proposal have not yet been publicly released, it is expected to again include cuts and changes to the Medicaid program as well as cuts to discretionary spending levels above and beyond those that were agreed upon when Congress passed the Budget Control Act last year. Once text of the resolution is released, we will put together a detailed analysis of its expected impact as well as a summary of Wednesday’s markup in the House Budget Committee.
Search the Monitor
Did You Know?Federal employees, did you know CWLA is part of the Combined Federal Campaign? Our CFC number is 11125. Please consider designating CWLA as your CFC charity, and help us spread the word!
A CFC contribution is just one of many ways to donate to CWLA. We appreciate your support to continue our work on behalf of children and families.
Federal Funding Announcement Corner
The Children’s Bureau recently released the following funding announcements:
- RT @EtskyConsulting: @fpallegra @OurKidsInc @CWLAUpdates Thanks for working to make children's rights a priority in child welfare work. 42 minutes ago
- MT @fpallegra: Our work to make our system better and safer for kids is constant and ongoing 43 minutes ago
- MT @EtskyConsulting: YES! #CWLANationalBlueprint's focus is to broaden beyond the system - put kids on the shoulders of EVERYONE! 43 minutes ago
- MT @EtskyConsulting: @fpallegra @OurKidsInc It was a pleasure2work with you 2! So appreciative of OurKids emphasis on learning&improvement! 43 minutes ago
- Young people to be allowed to remain in #fostercare until age 21 in England! ow.ly/rswFl via @guardian 3 hours ago
- Intellectual and behavioral benefits for poor children from home visiting ow.ly/rsuF7 via @medical_xpress 5 hours ago