House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-WI) will unveil his proposed Fiscal Year 2013 Budget Resolution this week, with a committee markup of the proposal scheduled for Wednesday. Last year Chairman Ryan’s controversial budget transformed Medicaid and the food stamp program into block grants and made steep cuts to discretionary spending. While details of this year’s proposal have not yet been publicly released, it is expected to again include cuts and changes to the Medicaid program as well as cuts to discretionary spending levels above and beyond those that were agreed upon when Congress passed the Budget Control Act last year. Once text of the resolution is released, we will put together a detailed analysis of its expected impact as well as a summary of Wednesday’s markup in the House Budget Committee.
Search the Monitor
Did You Know?Federal employees, did you know CWLA is part of the Combined Federal Campaign? Our CFC number is 11125. Please consider designating CWLA as your CFC charity, and help us spread the word!
A CFC contribution is just one of many ways to donate to CWLA. We appreciate your support to continue our work on behalf of children and families.
- Children learn more about behavior by watching adults than in any other way. ow.ly/vV79Z #CAPMonth #PositiveParenting 19 hours ago
- In this week's bit.ly/CWLANetworker "Teen anxiety: How to recognize it, & what to do about it" ow.ly/vV6Qm a la @WashingtonPost 20 hours ago
- 4/23 Webinar:Pediatric Organ Transplantation: Implications for Child Welfare bit.ly/PediatricOT4CW 20 hours ago
- CWLA to Support New Medicaid/Mental Health Initiative at Advocacy Summit. May 6-May 8 #CWLAinDC bit.ly/CWLAinDC2014 22 hours ago
- RT @travislloyd: Join @FCAANational For fun with the virtual #FosterWalk! Register today! #FosterCare bit.ly/1jJP8Qm 23 hours ago
- 4/29 Webinar feat. @cwlaupdates' @lindasspears : VAWA: Implications of Racial Equity in Child Welfare Policy/Practice ow.ly/vVbbQ 23 hours ago