House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-WI) will unveil his proposed Fiscal Year 2013 Budget Resolution this week, with a committee markup of the proposal scheduled for Wednesday. Last year Chairman Ryan’s controversial budget transformed Medicaid and the food stamp program into block grants and made steep cuts to discretionary spending. While details of this year’s proposal have not yet been publicly released, it is expected to again include cuts and changes to the Medicaid program as well as cuts to discretionary spending levels above and beyond those that were agreed upon when Congress passed the Budget Control Act last year. Once text of the resolution is released, we will put together a detailed analysis of its expected impact as well as a summary of Wednesday’s markup in the House Budget Committee.
Search the Monitor
Did You Know?Federal employees, did you know CWLA is part of the Combined Federal Campaign? Our CFC number is 11125. Please consider designating CWLA as your CFC charity, and help us spread the word!
A CFC contribution is just one of many ways to donate to CWLA. We appreciate your support to continue our work on behalf of children and families.
- Webinar TODAY: Kinship Care: Traditions of Caring and Collaborating, An Evidence-based Model of Practice bit.ly/CWLA_KinshipWe… 1 hour ago
- RT @KimberlyRoseMSW: Current/Former Foster Youth check out 1-page resource! ETV Funds from US Ed Federal Student Aid us1.campaign-archive1.com/?u=7ab3965d6a1… 17 hours ago
- Breaking the Cycle: Research Aims to Prevent Child Abuse @NICHD_NIH Observes #CAPMonth Month ow.ly/w2Ofi 18 hours ago
- Webinar in 15 Min! Pediatric Organ Transplantation: Implications for Child Welfare bit.ly/PediatricOT4CW 19 hours ago
- Webinar in 1 Hour! Pediatric Organ Transplantation: Implications for Child Welfare bit.ly/PediatricOT4CW 20 hours ago
- Webinar TMRW: Kinship Care: Traditions of Caring and Collaborating, An Evidence-based Model of Practice bit.ly/CWLA_KinshipWe… 22 hours ago