House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-WI) will unveil his proposed Fiscal Year 2013 Budget Resolution this week, with a committee markup of the proposal scheduled for Wednesday. Last year Chairman Ryan’s controversial budget transformed Medicaid and the food stamp program into block grants and made steep cuts to discretionary spending. While details of this year’s proposal have not yet been publicly released, it is expected to again include cuts and changes to the Medicaid program as well as cuts to discretionary spending levels above and beyond those that were agreed upon when Congress passed the Budget Control Act last year. Once text of the resolution is released, we will put together a detailed analysis of its expected impact as well as a summary of Wednesday’s markup in the House Budget Committee.
Search the Monitor
Did You Know?Federal employees, did you know CWLA is part of the Combined Federal Campaign? Our CFC number is 11125. Please consider designating CWLA as your CFC charity, and help us spread the word!
A CFC contribution is just one of many ways to donate to CWLA. We appreciate your support to continue our work on behalf of children and families.
- Reggie Bush's comments on daughter could prompt investigation, experts say fxn.ws/1ml0iQo via @FoxNews http://t.co/SaGhI2LAcs 26 minutes ago
- Foster care agency directors charged with embezzlement bit.ly/1sJQtIx via @latimes http://t.co/vyfMemxvvL 1 hour ago
- Report: Garnett Spears' salt levels spiked as a baby usat.ly/1s9VwaS via @usatoday http://t.co/kZgeUxQ7Ks 19 hours ago
- How safe are your children in daycare? 68 inspectors for 11,500 facilities citywide bit.ly/1sJPS9L @siadvance http://t.co/LGhGkmCeKX 20 hours ago
- Back To School Means Spike In Child Abuse Reports cbsloc.al/1rpKfkK via @cbschicago #BackToSchool #ChildAbuse 22 hours ago
- Mom Gives Up Baby Upon Giving Birth Through Safe Haven Act, DCF Says bit.ly/1wvIkvf via @hartfordcourant #DCF #SafeHavenAct 1 day ago