House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-WI) will unveil his proposed Fiscal Year 2013 Budget Resolution this week, with a committee markup of the proposal scheduled for Wednesday. Last year Chairman Ryan’s controversial budget transformed Medicaid and the food stamp program into block grants and made steep cuts to discretionary spending. While details of this year’s proposal have not yet been publicly released, it is expected to again include cuts and changes to the Medicaid program as well as cuts to discretionary spending levels above and beyond those that were agreed upon when Congress passed the Budget Control Act last year. Once text of the resolution is released, we will put together a detailed analysis of its expected impact as well as a summary of Wednesday’s markup in the House Budget Committee.
Search the Monitor
Did You Know?Federal employees, did you know CWLA is part of the Combined Federal Campaign? Our CFC number is 11125. Please consider designating CWLA as your CFC charity, and help us spread the word!
A CFC contribution is just one of many ways to donate to CWLA. We appreciate your support to continue our work on behalf of children and families.
- When the State Takes Kids Away From Parents: Three Perspectives VIA @TheAtlantic ow.ly/zFK7r #perspective http://t.co/tK5ryqiUZs 41 minutes ago
- Oregon's Foster Youth: "We're Individuals, Not Statistics" via @PNS_News ow.ly/zFJGz #NotStatistics http://t.co/fo74QB2HiQ 1 hour ago
- RT @CSCempowers: Register for the "School Discipline in the Eyes of School Superintendents" webinar today at 1pm hosted by @AASAHQ... 2 hours ago
- Be sure to read about Sokhom Mao, a former foster youth turned politician! @VictorCValle bit.ly/1pAMs93 2 hours ago
- Read the @acestoohigh book: The Critical Role of Parenting in Human Development ow.ly/zELA7 3 hours ago
- Video from @NewsHour: Giving traumatized kids a head start in healing ow.ly/zEKRd #headstart #healing 4 hours ago