Today Congress approved legislation to continue the payroll tax cut through the end of year. The bill includes an extension of the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program (TANF) which also includes funding for child care. This is an extension of current law but not the longer-term reauthorization which advocactes have been calling for. The extension is through the fiscal year which ends September 30. President Obama has promised to sign the bill as soon as it reaches his desk. Without this extension, funding for TANF and the child care funding that is provided through TANF would have ended February 29th.
Search the Monitor
Did You Know?Federal employees, did you know CWLA is part of the Combined Federal Campaign? Our CFC number is 11125. Please consider designating CWLA as your CFC charity, and help us spread the word!
A CFC contribution is just one of many ways to donate to CWLA. We appreciate your support to continue our work on behalf of children and families.
- RT @BruceLesley: Child poverty is 64% higher among children in the U.S. than for adults over the age of 18 https://t.co/QXnMM2BykB 2 days ago
- Child Maltreatment Report Released Includes Increased Numbers cwla.org/child-maltreat… 3 days ago
- RT @WebMD: Pregnant Women Put Babies at Risk With Alcohol wb.md/20nMCr6 3 days ago
- RT @Campaign4Kids: Legislation introduced for $50 million to help Flint children | WJBK bit.ly/20DQMYE @SenGaryPeters &Dr. @MonaHa… 4 days ago
- Since Sandy Hook, an American Kid Has Died by a Gun Every Other Day nbcnews.to/1P1HNNk via @nbcnews 1 month ago
- Congrats to actress Sandra Bullock on finalizing her second adoption. bit.ly/1Q3E82C 2 months ago