Today Congress approved legislation to continue the payroll tax cut through the end of year. The bill includes an extension of the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program (TANF) which also includes funding for child care. This is an extension of current law but not the longer-term reauthorization which advocactes have been calling for. The extension is through the fiscal year which ends September 30. President Obama has promised to sign the bill as soon as it reaches his desk. Without this extension, funding for TANF and the child care funding that is provided through TANF would have ended February 29th.
Search the Monitor
Did You Know?Federal employees, did you know CWLA is part of the Combined Federal Campaign? Our CFC number is 11125. Please consider designating CWLA as your CFC charity, and help us spread the word!
A CFC contribution is just one of many ways to donate to CWLA. We appreciate your support to continue our work on behalf of children and families.
- This week is National Youth Violence Prevention Week. Check out what @NATIONALSAVE and other organizations are up to! bit.ly/1gYxGme 11 hours ago
- Along with @fractweets, we want to keep #SNAP strong. Today is SNAP Call-In Day; call your representatives and ask them to support SNAP! 2 days ago
- RT @CAHomelessYouth: Legislation to Give Homeless Youth Access to High School Equivalency Exams wp.me/pqRPa-5Lf via @melanienathan1 … 1 week ago
- We sent a letter about the threatened Social Services Block Grant to all members of the House and Senate. bit.ly/1B1x49R #SSBG 1 week ago
- Our latest Children's Voice issue is now available! Here's a feature article on improving practice with #LGBT youth. bit.ly/1bfBMf4 1 week ago
- Help the Food Research & Action Center keep #SNAP strong and running! bit.ly/1wEJsB4 1 week ago