Today Congress approved legislation to continue the payroll tax cut through the end of year. The bill includes an extension of the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program (TANF) which also includes funding for child care. This is an extension of current law but not the longer-term reauthorization which advocactes have been calling for. The extension is through the fiscal year which ends September 30. President Obama has promised to sign the bill as soon as it reaches his desk. Without this extension, funding for TANF and the child care funding that is provided through TANF would have ended February 29th.
Search the Monitor
Did You Know?Federal employees, did you know CWLA is part of the Combined Federal Campaign? Our CFC number is 11125. Please consider designating CWLA as your CFC charity, and help us spread the word!
A CFC contribution is just one of many ways to donate to CWLA. We appreciate your support to continue our work on behalf of children and families.
- #SouthSudan has ratified the Convention on the Rights of the Child. bit.ly/1K9gIlL 16 hours ago
- RT @AdoptUSKids: #Adoption is less about getting a child for your family, more about giving your family for a child. http://t.co/Mqpa8VmsUt 1 day ago
- Practical tools for families that our conference co-sponsor @MagellanHealth has developed with its partners: bit.ly/1FYjY5s 3 days ago
- From 1-2pm EST, use the hashtag #FosterData to join a tweet-chat on the needs of students in #fostercare. @JuvLaw1975 bit.ly/1zzaJ9O 3 days ago
- Thanks, @OMNINebraska, for sponsoring our Advocacy Day shuttle buses! #CWLAinDC 4 days ago
- We've amassed $1,000 toward our goal of reprinting our treasured children's books. Find out how you can help here! bit.ly/1bBxu28 4 days ago