Today Congress approved legislation to continue the payroll tax cut through the end of year. The bill includes an extension of the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program (TANF) which also includes funding for child care. This is an extension of current law but not the longer-term reauthorization which advocactes have been calling for. The extension is through the fiscal year which ends September 30. President Obama has promised to sign the bill as soon as it reaches his desk. Without this extension, funding for TANF and the child care funding that is provided through TANF would have ended February 29th.
Search the Monitor
Did You Know?Federal employees, did you know CWLA is part of the Combined Federal Campaign? Our CFC number is 11125. Please consider designating CWLA as your CFC charity, and help us spread the word!
A CFC contribution is just one of many ways to donate to CWLA. We appreciate your support to continue our work on behalf of children and families.
- RT @JJIEnews: Judges Weigh In Against Shackling of Youth bit.ly/1PiBOBn @endshackling @CWLAUpdates @ABAesq @AACAP 1 week ago
- Learn about strategies to #VetoViolence by addressing needs of all children & their families. go.usa.gov/3HkTW 1 week ago
- RT @coa_news: Congrats @nileshome for achieving COA accreditation! @CWLAUpdates 1 week ago
- "Children who are being read to...are hearing...words that kids who are not being read to are probably not hearing.” nyti.ms/1IYUBx5 1 week ago
- RT @CatalystCenter: Happy 50th, #Medicaid and #Medicare! On this day in 1965, President Lyndon Johnson signed the legislation that created … 4 weeks ago
- RT @AdoptUSKids: "It is love. It is life. It is family.” Why I Adopted a 20 Year Old ow.ly/Q8X4i #adoption http://t.co/FU7kt29wag 4 weeks ago