Today Congress approved legislation to continue the payroll tax cut through the end of year. The bill includes an extension of the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program (TANF) which also includes funding for child care. This is an extension of current law but not the longer-term reauthorization which advocactes have been calling for. The extension is through the fiscal year which ends September 30. President Obama has promised to sign the bill as soon as it reaches his desk. Without this extension, funding for TANF and the child care funding that is provided through TANF would have ended February 29th.
Search the Monitor
Did You Know?Federal employees, did you know CWLA is part of the Combined Federal Campaign? Our CFC number is 11125. Please consider designating CWLA as your CFC charity, and help us spread the word!
A CFC contribution is just one of many ways to donate to CWLA. We appreciate your support to continue our work on behalf of children and families.
- October is National Bullying Prevention month. Wear your blue shirt on 10/5/15 to show support and raise awareness! twitter.com/STOMPOutBullyn… 2 days ago
- In America, the economic divide between rich and poor is damaging the future of underprivileged children. @thenation bit.ly/1LXHcWQ 4 days ago
- David Beckham at the UN! Find out why... bit.ly/1LCQ4FB 1 week ago
- Sarah Barr reveals new legislation that could help homeless youth. Read more: youthtoday.org/2015/09/advoca… 1 week ago
- RT @AdoptUSKids: Adoptive Parent Truths ow.ly/ScY0e #adoption http://t.co/4vJqcnCDnj 2 weeks ago
- RT @LisaPilnik: Thank you @ChuckGrassley and @SenWhitehouse for co-sponsoring today's important Senate briefing on #juvenilejustice! http:/… 2 weeks ago