Today Congress approved legislation to continue the payroll tax cut through the end of year. The bill includes an extension of the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program (TANF) which also includes funding for child care. This is an extension of current law but not the longer-term reauthorization which advocactes have been calling for. The extension is through the fiscal year which ends September 30. President Obama has promised to sign the bill as soon as it reaches his desk. Without this extension, funding for TANF and the child care funding that is provided through TANF would have ended February 29th.
Search the Monitor
Did You Know?Federal employees, did you know CWLA is part of the Combined Federal Campaign? Our CFC number is 11125. Please consider designating CWLA as your CFC charity, and help us spread the word!
A CFC contribution is just one of many ways to donate to CWLA. We appreciate your support to continue our work on behalf of children and families.
- RT @RFKChildren: Excited to have Christine James Brown @CWLAUpdates CEO, speak w/RFK's #Leadership Institute on #childwelfare #reform! http… 6 days ago
- Ask your U.S. Rep to join the Caucus on Foster Youth by clicking p2a.co/nfyi or by texting FOSTER to 52886 #FosterYouthVoices 6 days ago
- RT @MomsRising: #WellBeing of American Indian and Alaska Native Youth:Making Better Policy| MomsRising's Blog pinterest.com/pin/2457277233… 6 days ago
- Republicans & Democrats agree that investing in #EarlyEd is one of the smartest things we can do as a country. #StrongStart 6 days ago
- RT @weisscathy: Shackling doesn’t protect communities. It harms them,” @CWLAUpdates wpo.st/8hlG0 2 weeks ago
- RT @FutureChildren: @CWLAUpdates discusses roll out of FOC issue on #childhealth. #childwelfare bit.ly/1ASfk1L 2 weeks ago