Today Congress approved legislation to continue the payroll tax cut through the end of year. The bill includes an extension of the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program (TANF) which also includes funding for child care. This is an extension of current law but not the longer-term reauthorization which advocactes have been calling for. The extension is through the fiscal year which ends September 30. President Obama has promised to sign the bill as soon as it reaches his desk. Without this extension, funding for TANF and the child care funding that is provided through TANF would have ended February 29th.
Search the Monitor
Did You Know?Federal employees, did you know CWLA is part of the Combined Federal Campaign? Our CFC number is 11125. Please consider designating CWLA as your CFC charity, and help us spread the word!
A CFC contribution is just one of many ways to donate to CWLA. We appreciate your support to continue our work on behalf of children and families.
- RT @CatalystCenter: Happy 50th, #Medicaid and #Medicare! On this day in 1965, President Lyndon Johnson signed the legislation that created … 1 day ago
- RT @AdoptUSKids: "It is love. It is life. It is family.” Why I Adopted a 20 Year Old ow.ly/Q8X4i #adoption http://t.co/FU7kt29wag 1 day ago
- RT @First_Focus: How to address the school-to-prison pipeline >> bit.ly/1MtRMsX #RethinkDiscipline #InvestInKids http://t.co/urdSwb… 1 day ago
- A vote for the JJDPA is a vote for our children, families, and communities. #JJDPAMatters 1 week ago
- RT @DC_AMCHP: Over 43 million children rec'v healthcare coverage through Medicaid & CHIP. These programs are critical to our children #keep… 1 week ago
- Thank you @SenBobCasey for introducing a #CACFP bill that will provide more children with the nutritious meals they need! 1 week ago