Today Congress approved legislation to continue the payroll tax cut through the end of year. The bill includes an extension of the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program (TANF) which also includes funding for child care. This is an extension of current law but not the longer-term reauthorization which advocactes have been calling for. The extension is through the fiscal year which ends September 30. President Obama has promised to sign the bill as soon as it reaches his desk. Without this extension, funding for TANF and the child care funding that is provided through TANF would have ended February 29th.
Search the Monitor
Did You Know?Federal employees, did you know CWLA is part of the Combined Federal Campaign? Our CFC number is 11125. Please consider designating CWLA as your CFC charity, and help us spread the word!
A CFC contribution is just one of many ways to donate to CWLA. We appreciate your support to continue our work on behalf of children and families.
- CWLA's editor, Rachel Adams, has a piece in @GRANDMMagazine about our work in kinship care. Check it out! bit.ly/1B2kFWf 9 hours ago
- RT @AdoptUSKids: Fostering hope: Emancipated foster youth attend @OhioU ow.ly/JGYt2 #fostercare #education 4 days ago
- Thank you for the mention, @DrSophy! 5 days ago
- Join us tomorrow for our "Children of Immigrants & the Child Welfare System" webinar! ow.ly/Jx9sR. #immigration #childwelfare 5 days ago
- Some argue that funding for the #SSBG, which helps provide services to kids and families, should be cut. We disagree. bit.ly/1BV60zb 5 days ago
- We've received great feedback so far about our new book on #LGBTQ #fostercare and #adoption! Find out more here: bit.ly/1zbgB31 1 week ago