Today Congress approved legislation to continue the payroll tax cut through the end of year. The bill includes an extension of the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program (TANF) which also includes funding for child care. This is an extension of current law but not the longer-term reauthorization which advocactes have been calling for. The extension is through the fiscal year which ends September 30. President Obama has promised to sign the bill as soon as it reaches his desk. Without this extension, funding for TANF and the child care funding that is provided through TANF would have ended February 29th.
Search the Monitor
Did You Know?Federal employees, did you know CWLA is part of the Combined Federal Campaign? Our CFC number is 11125. Please consider designating CWLA as your CFC charity, and help us spread the word!
A CFC contribution is just one of many ways to donate to CWLA. We appreciate your support to continue our work on behalf of children and families.
- RT @CalEndow: "Reaching the Summit: How California Became the Largest State to Provide Health Coverage to All Kids" spr.ly/6011BBFax … 3 days ago
- Happy Father's Day! #dadsmatter #fathersday @DTFA http://t.co/vMjRkwX7EA 1 week ago
- RT @ABACCL: • Every Kid Needs a Family: Policy Strategies to Support Families and Improve Child Outcomes • Immigration Relief... http://t.c… 2 weeks ago
- RT @BethanyHaas: Why do we still shackle juveniles in court? @GaryGately01 @JJIEnews writes for @TheCrimeReport ht.ly/OlFqD http… 2 weeks ago
- Call for proposals! Submit by Sept. 30 to present at our Aug. 2016 conference on #substanceabuse and #childwelfare! ow.ly/Oemp1 2 weeks ago
- Once homeless, now finishing her first year at @Georgetown. wapo.st/1Qzb4Rl 2 weeks ago