House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-WI) will unveil his proposed Fiscal Year 2013 Budget Resolution this week, with a committee markup of the proposal scheduled for Wednesday. Last year Chairman Ryan’s controversial budget transformed Medicaid and the food stamp program into block grants and made steep cuts to discretionary spending. While details of this year’s proposal have not yet been publicly released, it is expected to again include cuts and changes to the Medicaid program as well as cuts to discretionary spending levels above and beyond those that were agreed upon when Congress passed the Budget Control Act last year. Once text of the resolution is released, we will put together a detailed analysis of its expected impact as well as a summary of Wednesday’s markup in the House Budget Committee.
Search the Monitor
Did You Know?Federal employees, did you know CWLA is part of the Combined Federal Campaign? Our CFC number is 11125. Please consider designating CWLA as your CFC charity, and help us spread the word!
A CFC contribution is just one of many ways to donate to CWLA. We appreciate your support to continue our work on behalf of children and families.
- A good point of view for adoptees. You are chosen. twitter.com/usweekly/statu… 3 days ago
- The epitome of adopting an 'older' child... bit.ly/1QqhQYJ 1 week ago
- 'We never outgrow the need for family.' National Adoption Awareness Month focuses on older children in foster care. 1.usa.gov/1WtC16R 3 weeks ago
- Halloween is just around the corner. Seven ways for kids to be safe and healthy: 1.usa.gov/1wrg8eu 4 weeks ago
- Disadvantaged children exist all over the world.... twitter.com/TheEconomist/s… 1 month ago
- Can #girlpower stop bullying? on9news.tv/1RJXibD via @9News 1 month ago