House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-WI) will unveil his proposed Fiscal Year 2013 Budget Resolution this week, with a committee markup of the proposal scheduled for Wednesday. Last year Chairman Ryan’s controversial budget transformed Medicaid and the food stamp program into block grants and made steep cuts to discretionary spending. While details of this year’s proposal have not yet been publicly released, it is expected to again include cuts and changes to the Medicaid program as well as cuts to discretionary spending levels above and beyond those that were agreed upon when Congress passed the Budget Control Act last year. Once text of the resolution is released, we will put together a detailed analysis of its expected impact as well as a summary of Wednesday’s markup in the House Budget Committee.
Search the Monitor
Did You Know?Federal employees, did you know CWLA is part of the Combined Federal Campaign? Our CFC number is 11125. Please consider designating CWLA as your CFC charity, and help us spread the word!
A CFC contribution is just one of many ways to donate to CWLA. We appreciate your support to continue our work on behalf of children and families.
- RT @EqualityTexas: Thank you Child Welfare League of America @CWLAUpdates for urging best interest of the child be placed first. OPPOSE San… 1 day ago
- RT @NPWF: Great to see @AWPHeadsUP's work to advance #paidleave! huffingtonpost.com/shifra-bronzni… #LeadOnLeave 1 day ago
- RT @NCWWI: Commissioner's Voice - Thank you for sharing your #childsupport stories via @ACFHHS: 1.usa.gov/1SCtgbs 1 day ago
- RT @RFKChildren: Excited to have Christine James Brown @CWLAUpdates CEO, speak w/RFK's #Leadership Institute on #childwelfare #reform! http… 1 week ago
- Ask your U.S. Rep to join the Caucus on Foster Youth by clicking p2a.co/nfyi or by texting FOSTER to 52886 #FosterYouthVoices 1 week ago
- RT @MomsRising: #WellBeing of American Indian and Alaska Native Youth:Making Better Policy| MomsRising's Blog pinterest.com/pin/2457277233… 1 week ago