Today Congress approved legislation to continue the payroll tax cut through the end of year. The bill includes an extension of the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program (TANF) which also includes funding for child care. This is an extension of current law but not the longer-term reauthorization which advocactes have been calling for. The extension is through the fiscal year which ends September 30. President Obama has promised to sign the bill as soon as it reaches his desk. Without this extension, funding for TANF and the child care funding that is provided through TANF would have ended February 29th.
Search the Monitor
Did You Know?Federal employees, did you know CWLA is part of the Combined Federal Campaign? Our CFC number is 11125. Please consider designating CWLA as your CFC charity, and help us spread the word!
A CFC contribution is just one of many ways to donate to CWLA. We appreciate your support to continue our work on behalf of children and families.
- Group collects stats on child well-being bit.ly/1tdlZ5o via @valleystar #ChildWellBeing #ChildWelfare http://t.co/nPftggbMoH 12 hours ago
- Need for foster families on the rise avlne.ws/Vtkdjh via @asheville #FosterFamilies http://t.co/4vEt8ZXivk 13 hours ago
- Tax would fund Sanilac County abuse victim services bwne.ws/1pyCnMB via @thetimesherald #SanilacCounty #AbuseVictims 14 hours ago
- Watch the video on: Foster care services concerned about bad rep from recent cases wp.me/p4ySsy-tr8 via @KSNNews #FosterCare 15 hours ago
- Was the TANF Welfare Program's Response to the Great Recession Adequate?via @BrookingsInst brook.gs/1rk4PEQ http://t.co/y4HFYHZc7U 16 hours ago
- Improving Educational Outcomes for Families via @newamericaed bit.ly/1uRyR3e #Education #Families 17 hours ago