Today Congress approved legislation to continue the payroll tax cut through the end of year. The bill includes an extension of the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program (TANF) which also includes funding for child care. This is an extension of current law but not the longer-term reauthorization which advocactes have been calling for. The extension is through the fiscal year which ends September 30. President Obama has promised to sign the bill as soon as it reaches his desk. Without this extension, funding for TANF and the child care funding that is provided through TANF would have ended February 29th.
Search the Monitor
Did You Know?Federal employees, did you know CWLA is part of the Combined Federal Campaign? Our CFC number is 11125. Please consider designating CWLA as your CFC charity, and help us spread the word!
A CFC contribution is just one of many ways to donate to CWLA. We appreciate your support to continue our work on behalf of children and families.
- We failed 23,439 children last year-We must demand justice&safety at every level 4children ow.ly/w5rRc via @CNNOpinion a la @DTFA 1 hour ago
- The voice&leadership of those working on the ground w/ kids/families/communities has never been more needed #CWLAinDC bit.ly/CWLAinDC2014 2 hours ago
- 4 older youth in #fostercare: tips for obtaining health records and securing health insurance ow.ly/w5rgE via @AmerAcadPeds 3 hours ago
- Set reasonable expectations & accept the child's mistakes as well the successes #PositiveParenting ow.ly/w5qhd #CAPMonth 4 hours ago
- Webinar TODAY: Kinship Care: Traditions of Caring and Collaborating, An Evidence-based Model of Practice bit.ly/CWLA_KinshipWe… 5 hours ago
- RT @KimberlyRoseMSW: Current/Former Foster Youth check out 1-page resource! ETV Funds from US Ed Federal Student Aid us1.campaign-archive1.com/?u=7ab3965d6a1… 22 hours ago