Today Congress approved legislation to continue the payroll tax cut through the end of year. The bill includes an extension of the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program (TANF) which also includes funding for child care. This is an extension of current law but not the longer-term reauthorization which advocactes have been calling for. The extension is through the fiscal year which ends September 30. President Obama has promised to sign the bill as soon as it reaches his desk. Without this extension, funding for TANF and the child care funding that is provided through TANF would have ended February 29th.
Search the Monitor
Did You Know?Federal employees, did you know CWLA is part of the Combined Federal Campaign? Our CFC number is 11125. Please consider designating CWLA as your CFC charity, and help us spread the word!
A CFC contribution is just one of many ways to donate to CWLA. We appreciate your support to continue our work on behalf of children and families.
- Looking for a human service job or looking to hire? bit.ly/CWLA-CareerCen… #CWLAsCareerCenter http://t.co/rFdfTE41x6 1 week ago
- RT @NationalCASA: Webinar on Trauma-Informed Care Oct 8 from @CWLAUpdates Register: www2.gotomeeting.com/register/25875… 2 weeks ago
- Be sure to register for our Webinar on Trauma-Informed Care on Oct 8!! Register here: ow.ly/Ckcm8 2 weeks ago
- Torres Shelter in Chico sees increase in serving children: bit.ly/10EOW00 via @ChicoER http://t.co/nKPZV7sUcb 2 weeks ago
- Watch: 'Blistering' court decision aimed at county's Child Welfare Services bit.ly/10EOLSo via @10news 2 weeks ago
- Advocacy group fires back at Coakley bit.ly/1rRCmDy via @sentinelandenterprise #CWLA #DCF 2 weeks ago