Today Congress approved legislation to continue the payroll tax cut through the end of year. The bill includes an extension of the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program (TANF) which also includes funding for child care. This is an extension of current law but not the longer-term reauthorization which advocactes have been calling for. The extension is through the fiscal year which ends September 30. President Obama has promised to sign the bill as soon as it reaches his desk. Without this extension, funding for TANF and the child care funding that is provided through TANF would have ended February 29th.
Search the Monitor
Did You Know?Federal employees, did you know CWLA is part of the Combined Federal Campaign? Our CFC number is 11125. Please consider designating CWLA as your CFC charity, and help us spread the word!
A CFC contribution is just one of many ways to donate to CWLA. We appreciate your support to continue our work on behalf of children and families.
- A @ZEROTOTHREE broadcast on July 24 will cover brain development and approaches to learning! ow.ly/zqEnE http://t.co/DkaIf69ZqN 8 hours ago
- News from @NBCNews: Preying on the Vulnerable: Foster Youth Face High Risk of Identity Theft ow.ly/zqCXJ http://t.co/HNFldkxEBZ 9 hours ago
- Great post by @IndianCountry: Abuse and Neglect: The Toxic Lives of Drug Endangered Children ow.ly/zqCjz http://t.co/0MpzJAjHyf 10 hours ago
- Children's Monitor: Two Tracks For Congressional Funding to Address Unaccompanied Minors bit.ly/Wnqazi 11 hours ago
- Via @journalstarnews: Programs are collaborating to bring 'normal' to foster care life ow.ly/zqBO0 http://t.co/Jkv5lzb2So 12 hours ago
- Be sure to watch the @WLBZ2 video: Maine foster care system experiences big change ow.ly/zqBzm #bigchange 13 hours ago