Today Congress approved legislation to continue the payroll tax cut through the end of year. The bill includes an extension of the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program (TANF) which also includes funding for child care. This is an extension of current law but not the longer-term reauthorization which advocactes have been calling for. The extension is through the fiscal year which ends September 30. President Obama has promised to sign the bill as soon as it reaches his desk. Without this extension, funding for TANF and the child care funding that is provided through TANF would have ended February 29th.
Search the Monitor
Did You Know?Federal employees, did you know CWLA is part of the Combined Federal Campaign? Our CFC number is 11125. Please consider designating CWLA as your CFC charity, and help us spread the word!
A CFC contribution is just one of many ways to donate to CWLA. We appreciate your support to continue our work on behalf of children and families.
Federal Funding Announcement Corner
The Children’s Bureau recently released the following funding announcements:
- Do you have a few weeks to #ChangeALifetime for kids in #FosterCare? bit.ly/18lLCFq #FosterCareMonth 32 minutes ago
- Capitol Hill Briefing June 6th: Substance Use Disorders in Child Welfare. Space is limited so register now members.nadcp.org/node/77 17 hours ago
- Looking to hire? Advertise your human service openings at bit.ly/10W1edt #CWLAsCareerCenter 19 hours ago
- Great Read! RT @onesimplewish: Foster Care Youth: The Faces of a Nation's Soul in Crisis huffingtonpost.com/claire-pomeroy… via @HuffingtonPost 22 hours ago
- Show a youth in foster care the meaning of love by being a foster parent. vimeo.com/64662040 #ChangeALifetime #FosterCareMonth 1 day ago
- May is National Teen Pregnancy Prevention Month. Learn about Obama's proposal 2 prevent pregnancy among youth in care bit.ly/16OYNRo 1 day ago