Today Congress approved legislation to continue the payroll tax cut through the end of year. The bill includes an extension of the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program (TANF) which also includes funding for child care. This is an extension of current law but not the longer-term reauthorization which advocactes have been calling for. The extension is through the fiscal year which ends September 30. President Obama has promised to sign the bill as soon as it reaches his desk. Without this extension, funding for TANF and the child care funding that is provided through TANF would have ended February 29th.
Search the Monitor
Did You Know?Federal employees, did you know CWLA is part of the Combined Federal Campaign? Our CFC number is 11125. Please consider designating CWLA as your CFC charity, and help us spread the word!
A CFC contribution is just one of many ways to donate to CWLA. We appreciate your support to continue our work on behalf of children and families.
- Report: Garnett Spears' salt levels spiked as a baby usat.ly/1s9VwaS via @usatoday http://t.co/kZgeUxQ7Ks 15 hours ago
- How safe are your children in daycare? 68 inspectors for 11,500 facilities citywide bit.ly/1sJPS9L @siadvance http://t.co/LGhGkmCeKX 16 hours ago
- Back To School Means Spike In Child Abuse Reports cbsloc.al/1rpKfkK via @cbschicago #BackToSchool #ChildAbuse 18 hours ago
- Mom Gives Up Baby Upon Giving Birth Through Safe Haven Act, DCF Says bit.ly/1wvIkvf via @hartfordcourant #DCF #SafeHavenAct 21 hours ago
- Los Angeles Eyes Florida’s Child Fatality Prevention System bit.ly/1uIYqSH via @ChronicleSC #ChildFatalityPrevention 22 hours ago
- Join #100Days4Kids - a national conversation on ways to improve child welfare in the US thndr.it/WPPga6 http://t.co/z7PMd9ylhO 1 day ago