Today Congress approved legislation to continue the payroll tax cut through the end of year. The bill includes an extension of the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program (TANF) which also includes funding for child care. This is an extension of current law but not the longer-term reauthorization which advocactes have been calling for. The extension is through the fiscal year which ends September 30. President Obama has promised to sign the bill as soon as it reaches his desk. Without this extension, funding for TANF and the child care funding that is provided through TANF would have ended February 29th.
Search the Monitor
Did You Know?Federal employees, did you know CWLA is part of the Combined Federal Campaign? Our CFC number is 11125. Please consider designating CWLA as your CFC charity, and help us spread the word!
A CFC contribution is just one of many ways to donate to CWLA. We appreciate your support to continue our work on behalf of children and families.
- In-home day cares omit training grnol.co/1pkyZ4B via @greenvillenews #ChildWelfare #ChildWelfareTraining 1 hour ago
- Check out the causes that #CWLA supports > bit.ly/CWLAcauses 1 hour ago
- Couple charged with child abuse after 11 CPS investigations shar.es/1aEb7O via @reviewjournal #CPS http://t.co/g60aFTCjHE 19 hours ago
- Scrutiny of parents often follows reports of past incidents: bit.ly/1opZyF6 via @Pantagraph http://t.co/jKDVJXBgxc 21 hours ago
- Judge eases concerns about Child Welfare Court's elimination in El Paso County : elpasotimes.com/news/ci_266216… via @elpasotimes #ChildWelfareCourt 22 hours ago
- Check out @TeamNutrition and their "Healthier School Day Tools for Schools!" fns.usda.gov/healthierschoo… #HealthyLiving http://t.co/eDQR9FgwYq 23 hours ago