Today Congress approved legislation to continue the payroll tax cut through the end of year. The bill includes an extension of the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program (TANF) which also includes funding for child care. This is an extension of current law but not the longer-term reauthorization which advocactes have been calling for. The extension is through the fiscal year which ends September 30. President Obama has promised to sign the bill as soon as it reaches his desk. Without this extension, funding for TANF and the child care funding that is provided through TANF would have ended February 29th.
Search the Monitor
Did You Know?Federal employees, did you know CWLA is part of the Combined Federal Campaign? Our CFC number is 11125. Please consider designating CWLA as your CFC charity, and help us spread the word!
A CFC contribution is just one of many ways to donate to CWLA. We appreciate your support to continue our work on behalf of children and families.
Federal Funding Announcement Corner
The Children’s Bureau recently released the following funding announcements:
- A real reunification story: Despite my disability&painful childhood, I’m keeping myself&my daughter safe ow.ly/ujywf @ReadRiseMag 5 hours ago
- Woulda missed Ashley's story ow.ly/uiC8N on the need to extend #fostercare if not for bit.ly/CWLANetworker 7 hours ago
- Registration is open for volunteers and campers for the Camp To Belong Summer Camp Programs camptobelong.org a la @CTB_Intl 9 hours ago
- The National Resource Center for #Adoption (NRCA) latest newsletter on the importance of relationships ow.ly/ujx0P 10 hours ago
- Apply/nominate by 3/14! FaithLeaders 4 Natl Advisory Committee on faith-based #childwelfare partnerships ow.ly/uiAUG via FB 12 hours ago
- Funding Opportunity: Intensive Child Focused Adoptive Parent Recruitment ow.ly/uiAC1 a la @ACFHHS 13 hours ago