Today Congress approved legislation to continue the payroll tax cut through the end of year. The bill includes an extension of the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program (TANF) which also includes funding for child care. This is an extension of current law but not the longer-term reauthorization which advocactes have been calling for. The extension is through the fiscal year which ends September 30. President Obama has promised to sign the bill as soon as it reaches his desk. Without this extension, funding for TANF and the child care funding that is provided through TANF would have ended February 29th.
Search the Monitor
Did You Know?Federal employees, did you know CWLA is part of the Combined Federal Campaign? Our CFC number is 11125. Please consider designating CWLA as your CFC charity, and help us spread the word!
A CFC contribution is just one of many ways to donate to CWLA. We appreciate your support to continue our work on behalf of children and families.
- Article from the @NYTimes: When the Caregivers Need Healing ow.ly/zLHO0 #Caregivers #Healing 48 minutes ago
- Lebanon opens resource center for child abuse victims via @ldnews ow.ly/zLF8H #ChildAbuseVictims http://t.co/WV4h4vTtdk 1 hour ago
- Transition Team Considers Powers of New Child Welfare Czar via @ChronicleSC ow.ly/zLCWN #ChildWelfare 2 hours ago
- Police should apologize to mother reported for child neglect via @BostonGlobe ow.ly/zLELw #ChildNeglect 18 hours ago
- Read more about the TANF policy brief at @CLASP_DC here: ow.ly/zLDDO #TANF 19 hours ago
- RT @coa_news: Congrats @BaltCoGov for achieving COA accreditation! @CWLAUpdates @MDDHR 19 hours ago